This Policy is fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Portuguese Law transposing it to the Portuguese legal system (Lei n.º 58/2019).
What personal information we collect and for what purpose
We only collect personal information from our registered users, i.e., those who keep an account with us. By registering in our website, you are entering into a business relationship with Veritas International Training Center and accepting the terms and conditions laid out in the present Policy, including receiving e-mail advertising our services.
The information we collect is restricted to:
- Your title, first name and family name;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your telephone;
- Your primary role as an educator;
- The student age group you usually teach;
- Your specialist subject(s).
Only the two first categories are mandatory. No other personal information will be collected. We do not store your credit card information.
This information will be used for the following legitimate purposes:
- To inform you about our activities and advertise our services;
- To process your applications to our programmes and events;
- To maintain your transaction records;
- To give you access to your purchases (e.g. educational materials related to purchased programmes).
We do not use your personal information for automated profiling purposes.
Third party usage
We do not host any advertisers in our website who might place cookies on your device.
We may provide information to third party service providers who process information on our behalf to help run some of our internal business operations such as IT services and e-mail distribution. Every e-mail you receive via any e-mail distribution service on our behalf will contain an easy, automated way for you to stop receiving email from us (see also “Your rights”).
Under no circumstances do we sell or share personal information with any other organisation.
If you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent by us or purporting to be sent by us, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to [email protected].
Third party links
Please be aware that this website will contain links to third-party websites. This Policy applies solely to information collected through this website. If you land on our website from other websites, or move to other sites from our website, you should read their separate privacy policies.
Your personal information is safely stored and processed using appropriate, state-of-the-art technical and organizational measures.
Our entire site, including the software we use for processing online payments, employs secure encryption technology (SSL) to reduce the possibility of theft, manipulation, and other alteration of any information that you provide to us. We never store your payment-related information (credit card or other) longer than necessary to process your payment.
We will not keep data we no longer need. Accordingly, your personal information will be deleted:
- Immediately upon cancellation of your membership with Veritas International Training Center;
- Three years after your last recorded activity (e.g. purchase, access to past purchases, downloads).
However, data needed as proof of business transactions for tax or any other legal purposes will be kept for as long as required by law.
Tracking and analytics
We may use third-party tracking tools such as Google Analytics to understand our visitors’ traffic and usage. Again, we use this information only in the aggregate, we do not attempt to disaggregate data reported in aggregate nor to associate non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information, and we do not share it with any other entity.
You have the right to:
- access your personal information;
- correct or complete your personal information;
- restrict processing of your personal information under certain circumstances (Art. 18 GDPR);
- object to us using of your personal information for communication purposes such as advertising our services or informing you of our activities;
- receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transmit it to third party at your sole discretion;
- erase your personal information from our records.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, or to exercise your rights with respect to your personal information, please send an e-mail to [email protected].